Brainyflix Video Contest
Thanks to everyone who participated in our annual Brainyflix contest. Thanks especially to our generous sponsors Salesforce.com and Mailchimp for their help and sponsorship to make this event possible.
We are always amazed and inspired by the creativity of the submissions we receive on Gotbrainy.
Jack and Nori
Still want more more??? No problem! We're running our annual Brainyflix Video Contest starting JANUARY 1, 2010. We'll be awarding a Grand Prize of $600 to the video that best teaches the word, as determined by a panel of judges.. Half will go to the maker(s) of the video and the other half will go to his or her school. And to make this viral, we'll give out 1 free iTunes download for every 3 videos you\ submit or referrals you provide. (iTunes downloads available for first 900 videos only).
- Make a video about any SAT/ACT vocabulary word of your choosing from this list. Please pick a word without any videos submissions! :)
- 1 video for 1 word, but you can make as many videos as you want.
- In your video, you MUST use the word & use the word correctly. In fact, the more times you use the word, the better the video.
- Anyone can enter the competition! Just remember that part of the prize money has to go to a U.S. high school or middle school of your choosing.
- All voting will happen at BrainyFlix.com, so make sure your video includes the following Vote for this video at www.BrainyFlix.com/words/XXXXX. And substitute XXXXXX with you\ r vocab word.
- Be fun! But please be cool and not submit anything that will get us busted by your teachers. That said, we reserve the right to remove videos for any reason, stated here or not.
- Important contest dates:
- Video submission opens: 1/1/2010
- Video submission ends: 3/15/2010
- Voting opens: 3/16/2010
- Voting ends: 3/29/2010
- Winners announced: 3/31/2010
Video Submission Suggestions
- The ideal video length is about 1 minute or less. Viewers tend to lose their attention for anything longer.
- For uploading your video, use YouTube or SchoolTube.
- Higher resolution is better. Currently, YouTube allows for 1290 x 720 (16x9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD). More details here.
- Start and end the video with the word, its part of speech, definition, and the url where it can be voted on - http://www.BrainyFlix.com/words/XXXXX and replace XXXXXX with your vocab word.
- For the information you fill out when uploading a video, enter the following:
- For the Title, and replace with your vocab word.
- For the Description, write the vocab word, its part of speech, definition, the sample sentence (if you have one), and the Vote for this video at http://www.BrainyFlix.com/words/ and replace\ with your vocab word.
- The Tags BrainyFlix, SAT, ACT, vocab, contest, reading, writing, memorize, MIT, and replace with your vocab word.
- Depending on school policy, you may need to get permission forms signed. Here are a couple permission form templates for videotaping students and posting videos on the web. ll need to edit acc\ ordingly.
- This is a flyer for the contest that you can print and then post or distribute.